Unable to add Edit widget command to SharePoint 2010.

04-26-2011 12:34 PM
RahulRahul
New Contributor
Hi

Even after uploading the Editor.xap file to share point; in Add tools drop down edit tool is not available. I have done following:

1. I downloaded the Edit Widget Command from following link:
   http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c28da60fbda44ec28ff7dff96cc51dc8
2. Compiled it in VS2010(I have installed ArcGIS API for silverlight 2.1) Also ensured that all the    ESRI.ArcGIS references and the System.ComponentModel.Composition reference are set to Specific Version = False
3. In SharePoint site -Site Settings -ArcGIS Mapping Administration-Extensions  uploaded the .xap file.
4. Now when i try to add tool (in Edit ArcGIS Map webpart) in the drop down I don't see Editor command.

I have also tried Bomb evacuation command and have same behaviour.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielDillard
New Contributor II
Hi Rahul,

I am wondering if you found a solution to this issue?  I am having the same problem with ESRI sample widgets as well as custom Silverlight extensions.
0 Kudos
RahulRahul
New Contributor
Hi Rahul,

I am wondering if you found a solution to this issue?  I am having the same problem with ESRI sample widgets as well as custom Silverlight extensions.

Yes. The problem was I was using the Dlls from the ArcGIS for Silverlight API 2.1. I referenced the dlls(ESRI.ArcGIS.Client etc) from the project which are of version 2.0 and after that I was able to add the editor command.
0 Kudos
RickThiel
Occasional Contributor
Thank you!  That fixed it for me too!  I appreciate the help.
0 Kudos