Remove Custom Tool from Available Extensions

Jump to solution
08-27-2012 11:15 AM
JustinShepard
Occasional Contributor II
I have removed an extension from the ArcGIS Mapping Extensions library, so as expected the button for the pages that it was on is greyed out.. that's great. I've gone into an edit session and removed it from the ribbon on the web part, that works too.

Here's the issue, for any web part that was using that tool it will always show up in the edit session that the file couldn't be found:
Tool Initialization Failed
Failed to instantiate command "x" (Path: Application > Map > X)

The toold which has been toggled off in the ribbon and the file removed from the document list, still shows in the Ribbon dialog as an available option! That I did not expect.

How do I remove the extension from the available list (the file has already been deleted from the extension library) so that no one accidentally tries to turn it on?

I did search the forums and only found one post that didn't really address this issue (http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/30680-How-to-Remove-Tool-From-Ribbon?highlight=remove+custom+tool).
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinShepard
Easy enough. Start editing the ribbons and when you select a tool that you've added then the Remove button enables and you can remove it from the available list.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JustinShepard
Easy enough. Start editing the ribbons and when you select a tool that you've added then the Remove button enables and you can remove it from the available list.
0 Kudos