Problems with Sharepoint map at 0,0

10-14-2022 12:11 PM
TimLohnes1
New Contributor III

Hi,

Was excited to have a list created from survey 123, then have a Sharepoint page with a map of the survey locations. I want to filter the list, but before I get there, my map loads at 0,0 and when I filter it zooms out, then zooms back to 0,0.

Why would my map be locked on 0, 0.

Attached are 3 images, 1. initial SP page load with map at 0,0. 2. list item selected and map still at 0,0 (though when selecting it zooms out first like it is going to zoom to filter selection, then zooms back in to 0,0) 3. Manually search for area and seeing that the list filter did work.

The filtering from list selection to map actually works, but after it repans to 0,0, I have to use the search for the city to get my polygon in focus.

Also, wondering if the Boards view will be able to do the filtering at some point. I know both the filter map from a list and Boards view are relatively new features.

Thanks,

Tim 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Hello Tim,

Thanks for posting your questions on Esri Community. 

I am assuming you are using the dynamic data feature in ArcGIS for Sharepoint? Would you be able to send me a screen capture video so that I can try reproducing it on my end?

Also, are you noticing this issue with all SP lists or is it isolated to just one SP list?

Thanks,

Raaj

0 Kudos
TimLohnes1
New Contributor III

Hi Raaj,

I finally fixed the sharepoint map so it loads focused on the data. Then yes, I click item in list to filter map. It immediately zooms out and pans to 0,0

It does actually filter the data accurately. I search for the city which zooms me back there and you can see the 1 selected polygon.

What is going on?

Thanks, Tim

0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing the video. May I ask what column is being used to "join" the map layer with the Sharepoint list?

Thanks,

Raaj

0 Kudos
TimLohnes1
New Contributor III

It is called Ticket Number, based on uuid.

0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Would you be able to share the dataset? I am unable to reproduce the issue on my end with all my datasets. If its something that you can share that'd great.

0 Kudos
TimLohnes1
New Contributor III

You want the hosted layer from arcgis.com? If so, let me scrub some contact info.

0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Either the hosted layer or if you have the data in excel format, that should be sufficient.

0 Kudos
TimLohnes1
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Hi Tim, 

When I added the layer to a map, I noticed the same issue (this is without even connecting the map and the list web parts). It first zooms out and then zooms in to 0,0. I am wondering if it's related to the map layer extent? 

0 Kudos