Problems configuring SharePoint add-in

11-15-2021 01:25 PM
HeatherPostill
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am a SharePoint Administrator for my tenant, installing the ArcGIS for SharePoint add-in for a client following the instructions here: Configure ArcGIS for SharePoint—ArcGIS for SharePoint | Documentation. I have added the app (version 2021.2.0.1022) from the SharePoint app store and am having trouble with configuring.

According to the instructions for modern SharePoint Online this needs to be tenant scoped. When I select the 'Make this solution available to all sites' option, nothing happens. The app appears listed in the App Catalog and shows no errors (see screenshot), however the app is not deployed to any sites or appear under Site Contents>Add an app.

If I try to add to a single site collection, the app is added and appears in Site Contents, however I cannot click on it to configure. I only have options for 'Details', 'Monitor' and 'Delete'.  I am a tenant admin and also an explicit site collection administrator. I have tested in multiple browsers and multiple tenants with similar results. Any ideas? What am I missing? Thanks.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AndrewRitchie_CoL
New Contributor III

Updating where we are at:

Like Heather - We could not find how to access the 'admin configuration' that is describe in the documentation: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/sharepoint/modern/install-and-configure/configure-maps-for-sharepoint.htm 

From my discussions with Esri Support (via local distributor, so there's some communication issues) there is no 'Admin Config' for the modern sharepoint plug-in. You just login directly through the webpart. Presumably this means that no app is created in AGOL, as described.

Documentation is still being updated to correct this.

0 Kudos
RaajRaaj
Esri Contributor

Hi Heather--

Thanks for your question. Have you tried adding the "ArcGIS Maps" web part to a page on any one of those site collections? You should see the "ArcGIS Maps" web part in the available web parts catalog. 

Let me know if this helps?

Thanks,

Raaj

0 Kudos