Select to view content in your preferred language

Modified ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit library now getting an error related to version.

10-02-2011 09:47 PM
RahulRahul
Emerging Contributor
I modified overview map functionality by modifying ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit 2.0 downloaded from codeplex. If I use this assembly in Silverlight Application everything works as expected. However I get following error if I use the same assembly in Sharepoint command.

I am looking for some direction to resolve this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rahul
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RahulRahul
Emerging Contributor
It seems that the screen shot pasted in above post is private. I am attaching the screen shot again along with this post.
0 Kudos
GarrettMoeller
Deactivated User
Greetings,
Curious if you got this resolved.
I just downloaded the overview map command with the intention of using it in sharepoint.
This is my first test at using the extensibility api - so I am working on figuring out what exactly needs to be edited in order to get it to work with my map.
I know the end product is to upload the .xap from the bin folder.
But you can't simply upload the .xap right off the bat - something needs to be edited.
Could you give me some guidance?
Open the .xaml and edit something?
Unfortunately there is no readme that comes with these.

Thanks

Error Screenshot:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17602[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
HolgerSchade
Deactivated User
Try something like this in the Execute Method of your ICommand

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer layer = new ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer();
            layer.ID = "Overview LayerName";
            layer.Url = "http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer";

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.OverviewMap oMap = new ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.OverviewMap();
            oMap.Map = MapApplication.Current.Map;
            oMap.Width = 100;
            oMap.Height = 100;
            oMap.Layer = layer;
            oMap.MaximumExtent = new Envelope(-41381301, -19971868, 41381301, 19971868);

MapApplication.Current.ShowWindow("Overview", oMap);
0 Kudos