Connecting a SharePoint List to a hosted feature service (AGOL)

Jump to solution
07-07-2022 11:40 AM
ACrateau
New Contributor III

Is it possible with ArcGIS for SharePoint to connect an SP List with a hosted feature service in AGOL, so that when the list is updated the feature service is also updated?   

Alternatively, is this a workflow that can be done using Power Automate?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ACrateau
New Contributor III

Thanks Tim, I did indeed get this working using the ArcGIS connector. 

My flow in Power Automate uses the Sharepoint [When an item is modified] trigger to pass the updated row to the hosted feature service using the ArcGIS [Update a record in a feature layer] action. 

I found that I needed to be the owner all of the resources, including the SP List, hosted feature layer and flow to make it all work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimLohnes1
New Contributor III

Hi,

Hopefully you got this squared away. I was using survey123 trigger to create a new list, but just glancing and it looks like there are 3 feature layer triggers in power automate related to agol.

1. When record is created in feature layer
  2. When record is deleted in feature layer
  3. When record is updated in feature layer.

So looks like this will keep your list updated. Doesn't seem like a connection per se, but at least your 'copy' list will reflect the data in your agol layer.

-Tim

ACrateau
New Contributor III

Thanks Tim, I did indeed get this working using the ArcGIS connector. 

My flow in Power Automate uses the Sharepoint [When an item is modified] trigger to pass the updated row to the hosted feature service using the ArcGIS [Update a record in a feature layer] action. 

I found that I needed to be the owner all of the resources, including the SP List, hosted feature layer and flow to make it all work.

JeremyMiller
New Contributor

Can you share an example of your Power Automate workflow? Is there an intermediary step between the [When an item is modified] step and the [Update a record in a feature layer]?  I want to JOIN the Sharepoint list and feature layer based on a certain field and update other fields in the feature layer with the changes from the Sharepoint list.

Thanks