Select to view content in your preferred language

Closing and then reopening Excel signs you out of ArcGIS Online

08-29-2013 06:21 PM
MikeGregotski
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I'm working with Esri Maps for Office 2.1.0.143 in Excel 2010 and 2013.  When I sign into ArcGIS Online, then close Excel and then reopen Excel I find I need to sign back into ArcGIS Online.

I think the previous version of Esri Maps for Office would sign you back into ArcGIS Online when Excel was reopened.

Is this by design or is there a way to keep the ArcGIS Online user you use signed in when restarting Excel?

Thanks,
Mike Gregotski
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Mike,

In previous versions, there was a check box on the sign in window inside of Excel > Esri Maps for Office > Sign In that allowed you to choose 'Keep me signed in'.  In the newest version, this is not an option.  The newest version introduces the option for you to take advantage of Portal for ArcGIS or Enterprise log ins.  During the install process of Esri Maps for Office 2.1, you are prompted with the attached window of options to determine how you want to sign in:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27130[/ATTACH]

Matt
0 Kudos
MikeGregotski
Esri Contributor
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response and the links. 

That's too bad that you can't stay signed in to ArcGIS Online anymore.  I liked being able to stay signed in since we are often opening and closing Excel.  Perhaps this could be added back into a future release of the Esri Maps for Office.

Mike
0 Kudos