Select to view content in your preferred language

2.0 Enhancements have not support help documentation

04-12-2013 09:29 AM
JeffGarland_AGOL
Deactivated User
Trying out some of the new features highlighted in the "What's New.." page for 2.0  I can't find any support documentation in the Help.  Specific items are:

• Support for customized base map gallery from your ArcGIS Online organization

• Ability to filter features on the map by clicking on the map legend

Also, I am trying the Select tool and I don't see how "View Selected Records" works.  The map is on a separate worksheet from the table associated with the map layer.  I can see the feature being highlighted on the map, but when I click on the View Selected Records and switch to the worksheet with the associated table I can't see any row(s) highlighted.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor
Trying out some of the new features highlighted in the "What's New.." page for 2.0  I can't find any support documentation in the Help.  Specific items are:

• Support for customized base map gallery from your ArcGIS Online organization

• Ability to filter features on the map by clicking on the map legend

Also, I am trying the Select tool and I don't see how "View Selected Records" works.  The map is on a separate worksheet from the table associated with the map layer.  I can see the feature being highlighted on the map, but when I click on the View Selected Records and switch to the worksheet with the associated table I can't see any row(s) highlighted.

Hi Jeff - thanks for checking out the new version of Maps for Office and providing feedback. I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

For basemap customization you'll need to do that within ArcGIS Online. Instructions can be found here: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/#/Configuring_the_map/01w100000076000000/

To filter the map using the map legend, it appears that your features need to be grouped. You can then click to toggle class breaks within a layer.

I'm not sure about your 'View Selected Records' but I will look into it.

Again, thanks for bringing these issues to our attention and I will put them on the list for the next round of documentation updates.
Scott
0 Kudos
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Jeff -

Just following up to confirm that at the current time 'View Selected Records' only works for maps and source data that are on the same worksheet. This is an issue we are looking into for future releases.

Scott
0 Kudos