Select to view content in your preferred language

Working with Feature Layers and their Views

a week ago
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a workflow that involves two groups of editors, a contractor and our supervisor. This means I have created a VIEW that the contractor has access to to mark the work complete, and the BASE feature layer for our supervisors.

The issue I am facing, I have set up the webhook using the "When a feature is updated" trigger, which if pointing to the BASE layer, does not trigger when the VIEW is updated.

To resolve this, I created two triggers, one for the VIEW and one for the BASE, these call the same child flow for the actions I want done, which is create a new feature layer for the next task that needs to be done.

However, it has been creating duplicate data. The one example I tracked had a flow run at 9:33am from the contractor VIEW, and then 11:03am from the supervisor BASE feature layer. The editDate on the data in both flows is the same, so it had not been edited a second time since the first flow ran which was my first thought/concern.

Any thoughts on the issue here? How does the "Fetch Updates" action know when it's been processed? Should I be adding a field to mark it as processed? If I change it to a flow that runs every 10 minutes instead would it avoid this issue?

What is the best practice for triggering actions from both a base layer and a view?

0 Kudos
0 Replies