Select to view content in your preferred language

Record Updated in a Feature Layer take a long time to trigger flow

01-12-2023 12:45 PM
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello

I have to Power Automate flows that are very similar (one is based on a polygon HFL and the other one is a point HFL). Both layers have a refresh interval set to 0.5 MIN. Both layers have a web hook that has been created while building the flows using he ArcGIS Connector, and the frequency is set at 30 sec

DominicRoberge2_0-1673556079284.png

So my issue is: When I update a polygon record, the flow is triggered immediately (boom! fast). BUT when I update a point record, it takes 2 minutes for the flow to trigger

DominicRoberge2_1-1673556216129.png

What am I missing?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeloresLoe
New Contributor

Sign in to Power Automate. Go to Data > Connections. Find the connection that your flow uses. Select Fix connections, and then update the credentials for your connection if there is a Fix connection message next to the Status column.

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2

I have no Fix Connections next to it, and both of my flows are using the same connection

DominicRoberge2_0-1673557141001.png

0 Kudos
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

The webhooks are controlled by ArcGIS Online and there is not much on the Power Automate side where there is much control. One thing I would do - test the webhooks by attaching a test webhook from https://webhook.site/ to see when they are actually firing. If you continue to have inconsistent firing of the webhooks, submit a support request.

-sean
Sean McGinnis - ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 Product Manager
0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2

That is a nice tool, thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately for me, seems like the webhook is triggered between 2 and 4 minutes (did 5 tests) which are consistent with I was getting within Power Automate. I will contact Support tomorrow.

Thank you and I will update the post when I get more info.

D

0 Kudos
Tiff
by

Hello @DominicRoberge2, thank you for this post. Have you been able to find more information about this time lag? I believe what I've heard is it is just the expected behavior but it is not ideal, compared to Survey123 connector that triggers pretty much immediately.

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2

Hi @Tiff 

it's been a while since I worked on that issue. I did open a ticket with Support and we were not able to find a solution. I did not spend more time on it... just learned to live with it.

Sorry

0 Kudos