arcmap drawing errors

Jump to solution
09-17-2019 02:06 AM
RobertMitchell
New Contributor

I keep getting the same error message appear:

"One or more layers failed to draw:

[File Name].csv Events: An invalid SQL statement was used."

I have noticed that this happens when I zoom in and not all coordinates are visible on the map.

For context I am using basemaps with XY coordinates inputted. These have been saved in a CSV file with 8 decimal points and 'Number' for type in Excel selected.

Please see images below for demonstration of the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have tried removing some points but this is a rather slow process and I may need them at some point.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TylerSchwartz2
Occasional Contributor II

Try exporting your events layer as a feature class (a good practice to follow anytime you add X,Y data).  Events layers are very limited and my practice is to always export them before running any type of analysis.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShannonChavez
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning Robert, 

I would recommend calling in to chat with Technical Support. They can be reached at 1-888-377-4575.

Best, 

SC

0 Kudos
TylerSchwartz2
Occasional Contributor II

Try exporting your events layer as a feature class (a good practice to follow anytime you add X,Y data).  Events layers are very limited and my practice is to always export them before running any type of analysis.

RobertMitchell
New Contributor

Thank you so much! This worked perfectly. I must have missed a step when inputting the data previously!

0 Kudos