ArcGIS for Office unable to add Portal data to Excel Map

07-22-2021 09:43 AM
GeorgeBrown1
New Contributor III

So we have installed the ArcGIS for Office 64bit on my laptop. Installed the Portal Resources for ArcGIS Enterprise on our internal ArcGIS Enterprise server hosting our internal Portal and installs worked fine. I can start Excel, log into my Portal as my self or my Admin account, Add a Map to Excel, go to the My Content drop down and select My Organization to list all our Portal layers. I then can only add certain layers that are listed and they may or may not display in the map window. If I can add a layer, and then go to add a second layer, the second layer will never display so basically I am stuck to only have one layer displayed. Working with Tech Support for over an hour resulted in them having no ideas as to what the issue is. Anyone have any thought/ideas/suggestions by chance? Anyone else run into this issue by chance?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GeorgeBrown1 

What version are you using?

When working with tech support, did anyone trace the http requests using something like fiddler?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
GeorgeBrown1
New Contributor III

Good afternoon,

We are using the current working versions of the ArcGIS Maps plugin for both 64 bit versions of Office 2016 and Office 365. On the ESRI side, our servers are all at 10.8.1 and our Desktops are at 10.8.1 AM and 2.8.1 AGP.

The tech I am working with now did have us do some tests in Fiddler and he is analyzing the files from that now.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@GeorgeBrown1 if you don't mind... please kindly ask the Support Analyst you are working with to reach out to me. The team and I will take a look and get you back up and going.

0 Kudos