Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to update published map and layers

10-30-2023 02:36 AM
LucaTD
by
New Contributor II

Hi all, I'm running into an issue in ArGIS for Excel where, after I publish a map and layers created from within Excel, I can't update the map and the layers anymore.

This behavior happens when I close the Excel file an re-open it and sign-in again. Whether I use the same user who published the map and data or a different user from the same organization, whenever I try to update the data I receive the message "Unable to find shared information, a new layer is published upon sharing".

Why am I running into this problem? The layers and the map are shared to the public and have editing enabled, and when I search for the items within ArcGIS for Excel I can find both the map and the layer.

Thanks to everyone who has some insight in this issue,

Luca

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShannonCardoza
Esri Contributor

Good morning, @LucaTD ,

I am sorry to hear about this issue. I have tested this workflow and do not see the same behavior using my Microsoft 0365 account and my desktop version. My steps were as follows - 

1. Create layer from Excel data

2. Publish layer 

3. Make edits (in this example I added an address)

4. Attempt to update/reshare 

Snag_a9949612.png

Note: in my screenshot, the 'Share' button is now 'Update'.

However, I did note while testing this that I had to save Excel edit, and update to see changes in ArcGIS Online. I will keep digging but in the meantime can you confirm the above steps are what you are doing?

Thank you, 

SC

Shannon Cardoza
Product Engineer
0 Kudos