Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue printing raster backgrounds

05-30-2019 07:44 AM
WarnerMahn
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS for AutoCAD in order to use my local GIS office's aerial in AutoCAD. They have a 6" square resolution aerial. I am trying to plot it at 100 scale. My issue is that the aerial is constantly regenerating itself based on how zoomed in my screen is in the model space, so when I go to print I have a high quality aerial that doesn't take up the whole layout, or a terrible quality aerial that will fill my layouts. See the attached images. This issue is the same with any raster, even ESRI base maps. I am sure others have had this issue because it seems like a main use for this app is bringing rasters into CAD, but I didn't see it on the forum. The AutoCAD forum is no help, and I can't call ESRI support because its a free product. I hope someone here can help me because the local GIS office won't give me a geoTIFF or something so I can just "MAPWSPACE" it.

Thanks,

warnerm00

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

The map layers in ArcGIS for AutoCAD are optimized for performance at the current view scale.  To get higher resolution map images for things like printing you might consider making multiple references to the same map image and create a mosaic of the same map layer or image layers each with their display option setting set to on-demand rather than dynamic. Using the EXTRACT capability of the map or image service can be used to create similar static images.  I have created a bonus tool that can lay down a map mosaic useful for plotting, I have also created video on the subject using these bonus tools. 

0 Kudos