Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter Services for Layer types

08-01-2022 02:17 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor

When I click the Filter Service, for say a Map Service, I would like the Filter to just show Map Services in the View when Map Service is clicked.  If I click Feature Service, I would like to just show Feature Services.  There is a capability in AGOL where we can add filters to just show specifc layer types, can we the same capability here.

5 Comments
DanWade

Hello Ted,

Perhaps I am not understanding the question, but from what I do know filtering map, feature and image layers is already possible within the Add Data UI of ArcGIS for AutoCAD.

By default all three layer types are selected and there are 18 layers available.
Default layer filter.Default layer filter.

After selecting the layer type I need as I believe you are describing I still have 18 available layers:
Selecting the Feature Layers typeSelecting the Feature Layers type

However, after selecting the layer type I want to filter I then click the Apply button and now I only have eight Feature Layers available.

Feature layer filter appliedFeature layer filter applied

I hope this helps.

TedCronin

We are trying to find a single Map Service among multiple Feature Services.  When we type the Search term and press apply, nothing changes

Randy_Garcia

The search is per category type. Are you searching in My Organization? If you search for the item in my contents and its not apart of that it will not show. But as Dan said you can use the search paired with the filters to find the exact item you are looking for. If the Map layer is a tiled map layer it will not show in the search as its not supported in ArcGIS for AutoCAD. 

If you search still is not working I would suggest a call to Esri technical support. 

I hope that helps!

Randy_Garcia
Status changed to: Already Offered

TedCronin

Its going to be a call to support as this does not work.