Select to view content in your preferred language

Has SDK support been made available for the DJI Mavic Air 2s for Site Scan Applications?

07-07-2022 01:59 PM
KCullinen
New Contributor II

Hello, I am wondering if DJI has offered SDK support for the Mavic Air 2s so that it could work with ESRI Site Scan. Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bobmeyering
New Contributor

From what I understand, any of the Mavic Airs are not supported by Site Scan because the autopilot doesn’t support Waypoint Missions which is how flight plans in the Site Scan Flight app creates missions. There are other apps that can be used for example: dronelink.

0 Kudos
KCullinen
New Contributor II

Thanks for the tip bobmeyering. I was following a different thread here:  https://community.esri.com/t5/site-scan-flight-ideas/include-dji-mavic-air-2-supported-drones-in-sit...

Supposedly there was an DJI SDK update for the Air 2S evt. March 2022, and Nico Bonnafoux of ESRI said:

"If DJI were to offer waypoint support for the Mavic Air 2S in their SDK and the drone's firmware, then we can reopen this idea for consideration. Support would not be automatic and would require development work which must be prioritized over other functionalities or support for other drones. In addition to user requests, we tend to favor drone models that will deliver the best quality mapping data products, preferably those with high resolution sensors and mechanical shutter cameras."

So I was wanting to see if there was any update on this. I will definitely check out dronelink though. I am also curious to see what the process is like for capturing images using the DJI native app and manually uploading them to Site Scan Manager for processing. 

0 Kudos