Select to view content in your preferred language

LAANC requests for User-specified Areas

07-18-2022 11:00 AM
ChristopherRatcliff
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Most of our mission planning takes place in the office, this includes all LAANC requests. LAANC requests can take weeks to get approved. Due to this and the off chance our clients request additional coverage, we have traditionally submitted LAANC requests for an Area with a decent buffer. We also traditionally plan our flight paths after putting in our LAANC requests.

Currently the integration of Site Scan Flight with AirSpace Link limits users to LAANC requests for flight paths via the Flight App. Having the ability to request LAANC requests via the flight app OR manager for user-specified areas, rather than flight paths would be ideal for mission planning.

Thank you!

6 Comments
NicoBonnafoux
Status changed to: Already Offered

Hi @ChristopherRatcliff , 

When submitting a LAANC request from the Site Scan Flight app through AirspaceLink, the planned mission area is submitted by default but have the ability to add additional areas (within AirspaceLink, see the "Boundary" section). 

To request LAANC from a web browser, we recommend using AirspaceLink's "Airhub Launch for Pilots" using the same credentials you would use for LAANC requests in the Site Scan Flight app. 

ChristopherRatcliff

Nico,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was unaware of the "Boundary" section, thank you! Regarding your second point, I have created a LAANC from the AirSpace Link hub site, but how would I go about viewing those requests created via a web browser on the Flight App? I have used the same credentials.

Thanks!

NicoBonnafoux

You would have to go to Airhub from your iPad's web browser. 

ChristopherRatcliff

I think the main idea/request here in that case would be to improve the integration with Site Scan so we can view those requests in Site Scan instead of going through the web browser (airspacelink hub). Furthermore, ideally we would also be able to view any pending or accepted authorizations for a project in the SiteScan Manager as well.

What do you think?

Thanks!

COSPNWGuy

I agree. Anything in airspace link with our account should be viewable in SiteScan. Tighter integration please!

COSPNWGuy

@NicoBonnafoux, can you respond to @ChristopherRatcliff last comment. Seems like this idea was closed prematurely.