Select to view content in your preferred language

Use Workforce to open Field Maps inspection records held in a table

3 weeks ago
OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor

I understand that Workforce Planner will be integrated into Field Maps, but I can't find any information on the current timeframe for this.

So in the meantime, I would like to understand how to integrate the 2 applications. In Field Maps I have an extensive form for capturing:

• temporary hazards, which are saved to their own layer. I have been able to build a URL to load these in Field Maps from Workforce planner as detailed here.
  • fixed assets are also saved to a layer but the survey inspections that are carried out on the assets are saved to a related Table. According to this link, building URLs as above does not apply to table rows.

So my question is how can i get Workforce to open Field Maps and display the fixed asset inspection form from a table row?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jmcdonald_sdi
New Contributor II

When you create a new project in Workforce, you can connect that project to Field Maps in the project settings. Open the settings on your specific project and hit 'Advanced', this brings you to the integration page where you can connect your project to Field Maps. You then choose the field you want to carry over from Workforce and its destination in Field Maps. Once you've made your selection, make sure you hit the add button before leaving that screen.

jmcdonald_sdi_1-1718655283934.png

0 Kudos