Select to view content in your preferred language

Sideloading LARGE basemap to iPad

Jump to solution
09-18-2023 10:00 AM
LaurieWilliams
Occasional Contributor

I need to load a 26 GB basemap to an iPad for Field Maps. I had no problems loading same basemap to iPhones via iTunes, but iPads require using Files and iCloud, Box, or Google Drive. I'm not finding any solution that will work with this large tpkx. What are others doing?

iPad Pro 11-inch MU162LL/A iOS 16.6.1

Thanks for any info.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WillyLynch3
Occasional Contributor

I thought all iPads could use iTunes but know there can be driver issues.   My new iPad Pro (12.9) (6th Generation) works with iTunes 12.12.10.1 works and allows side loading of small to large basemap TPKX or MMPK files.   An alternative can be to use a SanDisk external drive with USB C and Apple flash connections.  Copy data from computer to SanDisk drive and then file copy to iPad.  Or if you can get the file onto your iPhone, use AirDrop from iPhone to iPad.   Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
WillyLynch3
Occasional Contributor

I thought all iPads could use iTunes but know there can be driver issues.   My new iPad Pro (12.9) (6th Generation) works with iTunes 12.12.10.1 works and allows side loading of small to large basemap TPKX or MMPK files.   An alternative can be to use a SanDisk external drive with USB C and Apple flash connections.  Copy data from computer to SanDisk drive and then file copy to iPad.  Or if you can get the file onto your iPhone, use AirDrop from iPhone to iPad.   Good luck.

LaurieWilliams
Occasional Contributor

iTunes did work for transferring the large basemap to the iPad.

0 Kudos