Remove old offline areas

06-23-2021 01:18 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Field Maps community,

I was having some errors downloading offline areas via the app (not a managed area via ArcGIS Online). That's sorted now, but how can I delete these no longer used offline areas from my phone? This question is not referring to remove a map area. I know how to do that. I notice now I'm at Area 10 and each time I remove an existing one and then add a new one the number increases.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @elpinguino ,

This is by design. The Area number increases by one for each area taken offline (even is one is deleted or fails); areas can be renamed after the fact. Is this causing any further issues or are you just curious? 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
elpinguino

Just curious. No issues.

0 Kudos
Rural_Design_LimitedGIS
New Contributor III

Did you figure our how to remove old unused offline maps from your device? I'm trying to figure it out now, but can't seem to find an option to remove them from the FieldMaps app? 

0 Kudos
elpinguino

No I haven't, but will keep an eye on the thread here in case someone else does.

0 Kudos
Rural_Design_LimitedGIS
New Contributor III

Someone gave me this advice in another forum, but unfortunately it didn't work for me as I only want to remove the offline areas from my device not delete the project off AGOS completely, but maybe this helps you?

If you just want to remove them from the device you should be able to go to your offline map in the FieldMaps app, click on the 3 dots and select 'Remove area'. If the offline area was configured in ArcGIS Online it needs to be deleted from there (arcgis.com/apps/fieldmaps/maps) to prevent it from appearing in the list of available areas. From FieldMaps in AGOL select the map you are working on. Go to 'Offline areas' -> 'Map areas' -> 'Manage areas'. Then click the checkbox next to the offline area and you should get an option popup to Delete it. This will remove the option to download that offline area for all devices. Hope that helps.