Problems selecting and editing features in mobile fieldmaps

05-06-2022 08:00 AM
LaurenRistvet1
New Contributor

I’m having problems selecting and editing features on a layer in mobile fieldmaps for IOS.  My colleagues need to be able to select collection points/polygons and change/update fields in the form.  Clicking on the points/polygons doesn’t select them— neither does adding a dropped pin and using the what’s here function (nothing comes up).  The layer is a hosted web layer and users have permission to update. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

AGOL or Portal. 

First question.  what license level do they have?

Did you create the web map from a Feature Service or a Map Image Layer

Did you create it from Pro or ArcMap.  

Check to make sure you have enabled pop ups

If pop ups are enabled make sure you have selectable fields set up

0 Kudos
mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

I can second this issue. I have a web map in AGOL that has features from a feature service loaded in it, published from pro with pop ups enabled. Selection and editing for all features is possible in the web map, and selection and editing for some of the layers in the hosted feature layer is fine in field maps, but 2 of the 5 layers are unable to be selected to edit in field maps. 

0 Kudos
EstelleBEUGNET
New Contributor

hello

Do you still have this problem ?

il have the same issue with a import csv transformed to an hebergeat facture

sincerly

0 Kudos
mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

Hey Estelle,

Unfortunately I don't think this issue has come up again for us. I had to republish those layers after loading them into a fresh feature class to get editing to work and that was for a project that is now completed.

0 Kudos
RobCalley
New Contributor

I am also having a similar issue. All background files will allow selection but any of my editable layers will not allow for selection (or editing) of features after they are originally submitted. I have checked the settings within the layer, all editing capabilities are turned on. All other suggested workarounds have not solved this issue. 

0 Kudos