Pop-Ups and Search not working in Field Maps but work in Explorer

08-03-2021 10:03 AM
DanielMcCormick
New Contributor II

Hello,

I've created a simple map that contains only one layer.  The layer's pop-up has been configured in Map Viewer Classic.  Opening the map in Explorer and clicking on a point shows the pop-up table.  Opening that same map in Field Maps and clicking that same point does nothing.  In addition, the Search by layer has been configured.  It works in Explorer, but does not work in Field Maps for that layer.

Thank you for the replies,

Daniel

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MarcRabideau
New Contributor

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue.  Were you able to fix this?

0 Kudos
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

For Pop-ups to display correctly in FieldMaps they should be configured in current MapViewer not classic. Explorer was deprecated a few years back and replaced with FieldMaps (https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/deprecation-arcgis-explorer-deprecation-000026437).  The functionalities of Explorer are present in FieldMaps, and you will just need to configure settings in AGO.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
MarcRabideau
New Contributor

Sorry, meant I was experiencing this in FieldMaps.  everything works fine in Mapviewer, but then only two of my layers are displaying popups in FieldMaps.

0 Kudos
MeganEngel

Are you using the old map viewer to configure the pop-ups? 

0 Kudos
MarcRabideau
New Contributor

I am, yes

0 Kudos
MeganEngel

Hey @MarcRabideau, I believe this is why you're encountering the issue.  Try updating the pop-ups in the new map viewer. FieldMaps map functions as expected when you use the new map viewer to configure symbology and pop-ups etc and maps configured with Map viewer Classic will act goofy.  For context the old map viewer (classic) is predominantly used for Collector and Explorer and other older ESRI field applications that have all been combined to create FieldMaps.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
MarcRabideau
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply, hopefully when we upgrade and have access to the new map viewer, this will get resolved.

0 Kudos