Offline Map Area Package Failure

Jump to solution
06-10-2021 02:26 PM
EL11
by
New Contributor II

I have a map that spans the entire state and am creating offline map areas via a desktop web browser to use on our mobile device. All layers have sync enabled but are not editable. It is a read only map.

I have a few issues which may or may not be related.

1) A package for an area is taking well over an hour, sometimes the whole day. These packages are 10 - 20 MB in size so I don't know why it takes so long. The layers are all hosted on the same AGOL site as the map, and all are correct in the areas that successfully are turned into offline maps.

2) One area for an offline map fails repeatedly. It appears there is some sort of smaller problem area within the area I'm choosing as I can make an offline area in one place and then try and make an identical size one adjacent to it and it fails. Since this area is using the same base map as every other successful offline area, I do not know why the failure is happening.

3) On my mobile device, I tried to create an offline area through the Field Maps App while connected to the internet. It fails with no error log or message. One moment its creating it, the next that area disappears from the list.

4) On the mobile device, it will not update any layers without completely logging out and logging back in and sometimes even that isn't enough and I have to delete the offline area from the device and grab it again. The device is an iPad with OS 14.4.1. 

Is there a way to see why a particular area is failing to package?   

16 Replies
DanMcLendon
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue- even with just basemaps and no layers!

0 Kudos
NLI_Wendy
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue. Nothing seems to work. I wonder if there is a bug?

0 Kudos
idalis
by
New Contributor

I am having the same issues. It continuously fails to create offline map areas. Nothing works.

NMWater
New Contributor III

I was having the same issue. After trying several of the suggestions above to no avail I ended up creating the offline map area with just the base map and it worked. Then I went back and re-added the two layers, then went back to the map area and updated. This seemed to work for no rhyme or reason because I didn't change anything in the layers properties. Good luck out there! 

spalovsky_allforsoil
New Contributor II

I have a similar issue. I have a point layer and base map for which I had created an offline area and everything worked normally. I needed to make the area a bit bigger, so I created a new offline area and it has been writing me packing for over three hours now. When I tried to make the area within the original boundaries, same thing. Packaging for several hours. 

JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

JoabelBarbieri_0-1682448933775.png

how to fix this..anyone?

0 Kudos
Nicauldron
New Contributor II

Its August 2023 and I'm STILL having this issue, Esri! 

I get a 'FAILED' error after trying to create an offline area on both desktop and mobile versions of FieldMaps. 
Has anyone found an actual solution to this yet? 

I wish there was an actual explanation that came with the errors as a place to start with solving them.