Multiple offline basemaps

Jump to solution
07-23-2021 06:25 AM
JovanaBurz
New Contributor III

Is there a way to be able to switch between multiple offline basemaps in an offline map? Currently in my Field Maps settings, I have specified the one tile package for offline basemap of certain areas of our aerial image but we would like to have more areas added without creating new (bigger) TPKs again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

You can side load the 3 TPKs onto your device, and so long as the CRS of the TPKs matches your web map, then they'll be visible in your basemap gallery.

But don't bother defining your default tpk in the web map settings.

David
..Maps with no limits..

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

You could add them as separate layers, in which case you could have them turned on and off whenever those images are needed. That way you don't have to create one large TPK and still be able to access them.

0 Kudos
JovanaBurz
New Contributor III

@RPGIS - would this be a published basemap or layer service in AGOL? I have a total of 3 tiff images that I would need to have included when field maps is used offline.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

It would simply be a layer service. If you were to publish those 3 tiffs as basemaps, you could still switch between them but you wouldn't be able to have all of them within the map simultaneously.

Both options could work depending on what it is that you need.

0 Kudos
JovanaBurz
New Contributor III

Is this capability only for Enterprise portal access? We don't have that within our organization and everything is published to AGOL, hence why I had to create TPK files of our aerial photos to allow for that offline view access.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

I don't think so, but I would have to do some more research on it to find out.

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

You can side load the 3 TPKs onto your device, and so long as the CRS of the TPKs matches your web map, then they'll be visible in your basemap gallery.

But don't bother defining your default tpk in the web map settings.

David
..Maps with no limits..
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@JovanaBurz did you find a solution to fit your purpose in the end?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
JovanaBurz
New Contributor III

@David_Brooks Yes I did! I ended up trying by your recommendation and it worked! I will mark it as a solution...I forgot to return to this thread after it worked!