Select to view content in your preferred language

Map creation failed

Jump to solution
05-07-2024 10:41 AM
AngelineCanney
New Contributor

I am a seasonal for the Forest service and back for my second field season and I have successfully built data collection forms in the past but I am getting "Map failed" every time I make a layer to create a form.  The layer does not show up at all when trying to build the form in field maps designer.  It seems like I have permissions the same from last year.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AngelineCanney
New Contributor

It randomly started to work the way I was doing it.  Thank you though!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi @AngelineCanney . Where are you creating your layer (ArcGIS Pro, Map Viewer, or Field Maps Designer)? And when you are working in Field Maps Designer do you have a map created with that layer or are you searching for the layer itself?

0 Kudos
AngelineCanney
New Contributor

It randomly started to work the way I was doing it.  Thank you though!

0 Kudos
KellyDonnelly
New Contributor

I am running into the same problem when trying to create a new map using field maps designer. Nothing shows up in my field maps area, but when I go to my content is shows a layer listed there, but with no other information. Is there any solution?

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi @KellyDonnelly are you using ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise? And are you creating a new map and new feature layer in Field Maps Designer or are you using an existing map with and existing feature layer? 

0 Kudos
KellyDonnelly
New Contributor

It was a new map and new layers in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

@KellyDonnelly did you create the new layer in ArcGIS Online on the Content tab or did you create it in Field Maps Designer? Are you getting any error messages or information is just missing? And if so, can you give more details on what is missing and what you are expecting to see?

0 Kudos
KellyDonnelly
New Contributor

When attempting to make a new map and build layers in using designer it is giving me the error map creation failed. When then going to my content it shows the layer as appearing there, but the map was not successfully created. When I attempt to add a layer using ArcGIS online under content I select said layer from above and add it, save it, and it will not do so. 

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Thank you @KellyDonnelly for providing that additional information. I did some testing on my end following your workflow and I'm not able to reproduce the issue. I would highly recommend reaching out to Esri Technical Support for some additional assistance in troubleshooting the issue.