Select to view content in your preferred language

Manage Offline Areas button grayed out on map settings page

Jump to solution
09-21-2022 09:46 AM
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

My colleague created a web map in ArcGIS Online for offline data collection in Field Maps. He has enabled offline mode, but for some reason he can't package an offline area because the button is grayed out on the Settings tab of the map's Item Details page. He is able to create and offline area in the Field Maps mobile app. Any idea what could cause the button to be grayed out?
 HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1663778482593.png

Thanks in advance!

- Holly
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HollyTorpey_LSA

Thank you, @LindsayKing1 and @RhettZufelt!

I can confirm that all included content had sync enabled.

It turns out the issue was that the map and a layer within it were shared with a group that had shared update capabilities. When I removed the map from that group, the button appeared, but was grayed out. When I removed the layer from that group, the button became active. 

- Holly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Most likely some/all of the feature layers in the map have not been sync enabled and/or the basemap is not enabled to export tiles.

If you open the web map in Field Maps web, offline tab, the Content area will show you what is blocking it from being able to be taken offline if this is the case.

RhettZufelt_0-1663788231764.png

R_

0 Kudos
LindsayKing1
New Contributor III

Hi Holly,

In addition to what Rhett mentioned, I recommend checking the ownership of the map.  Only the current owner of the map can manage the map's offline areas.  If the map has changed ownership to someone else, your colleague will no longer be able to mange the offline areas.  I hope that helps.

-Lindsay

HollyTorpey_LSA

Thank you, @LindsayKing1 and @RhettZufelt!

I can confirm that all included content had sync enabled.

It turns out the issue was that the map and a layer within it were shared with a group that had shared update capabilities. When I removed the map from that group, the button appeared, but was grayed out. When I removed the layer from that group, the button became active. 

- Holly
0 Kudos