Location Profile App Configuration through MDM (Meraki)

Jump to solution
01-13-2023 12:25 PM
mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to push out a default location profile to my field staff's iPads through our Meraki. I was wondering if anyone has had success with this. I have set up settings within Meraki's app settings payload, and they look like this:

mattkramer_0-1673641393041.jpeg

When users open up the app on their devices though, the location profile settings are still defaulted. Are these settings configured correctly, and do we need to do anything outside of setting these up to get the units to recognize these settings?

Link to Meraki's app settings payload and also Field Map's documentation on configuring this:

Using the Managed App Settings Payload - Cisco Meraki

Deploy your map—ArcGIS Field Maps | Documentation (Under the Mobile device management section)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi @mattkramer ,

The location profile that you configure in the MDM actually needs to be set as a single key value pair. The key is "locationProfiles" and then the value is a list of the parameters for the location profile. So in your case the value would look like this:

[ { "name":"Default Profile", "mapCoordinateSystem":3857, "gnssCoordinateSystem": 6318, "horizontalDatumTransformationName": "~WGS_1984_(ITRF08)_To_NAD_1983_2011" } ]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi @mattkramer ,

The location profile that you configure in the MDM actually needs to be set as a single key value pair. The key is "locationProfiles" and then the value is a list of the parameters for the location profile. So in your case the value would look like this:

[ { "name":"Default Profile", "mapCoordinateSystem":3857, "gnssCoordinateSystem": 6318, "horizontalDatumTransformationName": "~WGS_1984_(ITRF08)_To_NAD_1983_2011" } ]

0 Kudos
mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris, 

We were able to get this to work and have a couple additional parameters we are hoping to include in this. Do you know if Collection settings like Accuracy, 95% confidence interval, GPS Averaging and Photo upload size are able to be pushed out through an MDM? 

0 Kudos
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi @mattkramer,

Those settings are not available through an MDM - the complete list of MDM parameters is available here.

The settings you are looking for are all available on a per-map basis via Field Maps Designer, you can see the documentation here.

0 Kudos