iOS Login Issue

Jump to solution
01-25-2022 10:54 AM
A_J_geodata
New Contributor II

We are encountering an issue with our enterprise login. After the user enters the correct username and password, the app clears out the entered username and password and doesn’t advance.  It remains on the login screen.  Force closing the app does nothing.  Restarting the device does nothing.  Wifi/Cell makes no difference.  Toggling on reset sign in options in settings does nothing.  If you purposely enter the wrong password, you will get an incorrect login info notice, but that is about as close as we can get to getting the app to respond. 

The only way I can get Field Maps to work again is to wipe it and re-image.  We are using the Citrix cloud MDM, latest version.   iOS 15.2.1, Field maps 21.4.0.  These devices have both safari and chrome installed, but clearing the cache does nothing.  This happens after a couple of months of use by multiple users with no issues.

I would like to find a better solution that having to reimage the device.  I have encountered this on six different devices in the last two months.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @A_J_geodata ,

Sounds like a strange one. Are any config parameters being passed through the MDM (like say portalURL)? It could be related to the browser as already suggested so maybe try swapping the default browser. 

Another thing you can try is skipping sign in on Field Maps which enters our sample account. Open the Settings menu > tap on "Profile" 3 times quickly to open the developer menu > Tap Sign In > Set Oauth to In App > See if the issues re-occurs. This could eliminate any Browser related issue. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

6 Replies
HuubZwart
Occasional Contributor

This is something I would log a ticket for with Esri support

rge_esri
New Contributor II

Hello, thank you for posting this issue. 

Can you please try clear the cache for both Field maps and the Browsers on your devices? Then reboot the device. 

0 Kudos
A_J_geodata
New Contributor II

Hello, we tried this with no effect.  We clear the browsers cache.  I assume you clear the field maps cache by toggling the reset sign in options on in settings?   Tried that too.  Which browser is used for the login?

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @A_J_geodata ,

Sounds like a strange one. Are any config parameters being passed through the MDM (like say portalURL)? It could be related to the browser as already suggested so maybe try swapping the default browser. 

Another thing you can try is skipping sign in on Field Maps which enters our sample account. Open the Settings menu > tap on "Profile" 3 times quickly to open the developer menu > Tap Sign In > Set Oauth to In App > See if the issues re-occurs. This could eliminate any Browser related issue. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
A_J_geodata
New Contributor II

Colin,

As far as we can tell, no config parameters are being passed through the MDM.  Swapping the default browser also does not work.  Setting Oauth to In App allows for a login to occur.  Thank you, this solution works.  

Regards,

AJ

ar_taswater
New Contributor II

We are currently having an auth caching issue - where the auth expires after 14 days - but Field Maps doesn't prompt the user to authenticate again - so they just get a 'no maps available' message. Signing out and signing in again works - but I think these settings might be worth looking into so that the user is actually prompted to sign in again, thanks!

0 Kudos