HELP! Field Maps Crashes when trying to open map

04-19-2022 03:07 PM
AnneDunckel
New Contributor III

Hi,

I need some mega help. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 Android v9. Freshly installed Field Maps and I am trying to open any map to run some tests ahead of our field season and whenever I try to open ANY MAP the app crashes. Complicated map or simple map, crash crash crash. I tried on a different tablet of the same model and same results. I rebooted and tried again. Crash. 

Works fine in Collector ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, so guess we'll stick with that for another season?

20 Replies
dnatured
New Contributor

Also having the same issue above on latest version of field maps.  Works on Android phones, iPhones, iPads, but not working on Android tablets that updated the app.  Android tablets running previous version are working fine.  Field time and thousands $ lost! 😞

KBKnight
New Contributor III

One of the members of my field crew just started having this problem today. He's been using the same app in the field for weeks and suddenly this problem. I had him update his OS, remove and reinstall Field Maps, clear cache, and on and on. I yelled at his device, told it that I was going to send it to work in the spice mine in Kessel. Nothing works. 

We can open the app, see user settings, and so forth. But, as soon as you tap on any of the maps that I created on AGOL, the app crashes.

KeithSalmon
New Contributor II

I'm having a similar problem. I can open Field Maps. But when I open any map, Field Maps just shuts down. Reinstallation makes no difference.  Other suggestions welcomed. The same maps work fine on other peoples phones. 

Desperate for solution to fix this problem. 

Phone is an A02s with 2 gigabytes free 

KeithSalmon
New Contributor II

Just loaded beta version.  The maps now open. 

JaroslavŠkrobák
New Contributor III

I can confirm the same, Beta version does works!

CalebAnderson
New Contributor II

Same here, only broken on Samsung tablets. Just moved everyone from paper to tablets for field inspections and this happens, not great. Got the beta installed as suggested though which worked. Thanks

JaroslavŠkrobák
New Contributor III

Hi, we have this same "crash" problem with last 22.1.1 version of Field Maps on Samsung Galaxy M11 with Android 11. Other devices work....

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Same all Android 9 devices are down from the April 4 update.  Our large org same thing - all Android 8 and 9 so far - still testing.  I heard Field Maps is aware and working on it.  I was a little surprised crews still have them since it is a Oct 2017 tablet.  But they do try and push them.

As posted above if you search for and install ArcGIS Field Maps Beta (Early Access) that version seems to work. But still testing.

DougBrowning_0-1650463118347.png

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.esri.fieldmaps.beta 

AnneDunckel
New Contributor III

Thanks for posting this. Sure does work in Beta, which is a relief, but this constant instability of Field Maps has me hesitant to adopt this upcoming field season.