Select to view content in your preferred language

GPS location not available

02-14-2023 12:39 PM
Yeaton
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am a GIS tech. with the City of Homer, AK. I use field maps paired with Trimble R2 for collecting utility data.  Recently I haven't been able to acquire my GPS location when pairing opening the field map app after connecting my tablet to the R2. 

I follow the procedure of establishing connection with our VPN, establishing connection with the R2 via Bluetooth, using Trimble Mobile Manager to connect to position source and obtain desired accuracy, then disconnect from positioning source, finally opening Field Maps to use the appropriate map for the required task. This routine has worked until now, where I continue to get the notice that GPS location is not available when opening Field Maps.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Hardware

• Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
  • Trimble R2

Software

• Android Version 12
  • Field Maps 22.3.1
  • Trimble Mobile Manager 3.0.2
  • Unsure of R2 Firmware
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhongmingAn
New Contributor III

This happened to me about a couple of weeks ago after not using our R12 for a while. My memory is a little bit vague but I think I had to remove the R12 provider profile and added it back in to make it work. You have to switch it back to integrated GPS receiver of the tablet before removing the external receiver, or maybe you could just add another provider profile and use the new one. Once the folder location of Trimble mobile manager was added and antenna height defined, it started working again for me. We are using ipads so I don't know if it will work on your device.

CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

We have been having the same issue with Trimble DA2 antennas. ZhongmingAn describes the correct process for correcting the issue in Field Maps on iOS.

Yeaton
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for pointing me in the direction!  Best Regards

0 Kudos
Yeaton
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion.  Will give it a try.

0 Kudos