Function in Arcade not available

Jump to solution
07-18-2022 06:08 AM
pauline1985
New Contributor II

Hi,

Why some functions are not available in ArcGIS FieldMap?

pauline1985_0-1658149631743.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

@pauline1985 - conditional visibility uses the Constraint profile, so building on what jcarlson posted above, if you change the profile in the Arcade Playground to Constraint, you'll be able to see which functions will work and which ones will not. The profile is based on where you are working, it's not something that can be changed - for instance if you are adding expressions to a popup, it will use the Popup profile, if you are adding expressions for labels it will use the Label profile, etc.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Arcade works in a number of different Profiles, and depending on which profile you're using, certain functions won't be available.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
pauline1985
New Contributor II

Ok and How Can know which is my profile and how i can used it correctly?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you read the page I linked you to, the different profiles are based on the context in which you're using Arcade. Symbology, for instance, is its own profile, with different capabilities than the Attribute Rules profile.

For testing purposes, the Arcade Playground lets you troubleshoot an expression, and you have the option of choosing which profile you want the system to emulate.

jcarlson_0-1658154943637.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi @pauline1985 ,

Where in Field Maps web are you adding the arcade expression? Each arcade function is associated with one or more profiles which determine where the function will work. The Feature Set functions work with the Attribute Rules, Dashboard Data, Popups, Field Calculation, Form Calculation, and Task profiles. If you are trying to use them someplace other than those areas they will not be available.

Chris

0 Kudos
pauline1985
New Contributor II

Hi!

Im trying to write my expression into the parameters of the layer.

pauline1985_0-1658155429139.png

But I can not change the profile.

0 Kudos
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

@pauline1985 - conditional visibility uses the Constraint profile, so building on what jcarlson posted above, if you change the profile in the Arcade Playground to Constraint, you'll be able to see which functions will work and which ones will not. The profile is based on where you are working, it's not something that can be changed - for instance if you are adding expressions to a popup, it will use the Popup profile, if you are adding expressions for labels it will use the Label profile, etc.

pauline1985
New Contributor II

Ok I see. Thank you for your answer

0 Kudos