Select to view content in your preferred language

Form Elements not showing in Table tab.

Jump to solution
10-02-2023 12:54 AM
OGS_Trails
New Contributor II

I have created a feature layer. Then I have created a form with a whole heap of form elements for inventorying items while out in the field. I went and undertook a test run using the form created to capture 14 points.

When I have come back to review each individual point on Map viewer, no details come up except the photo that I took. They appear in the "show table" when I click on the layer file. 

I opened the data tab on the feature layer details page. The table tab only shows OBJECTID and a Photos column. The fields tab shows all 44 of my form elements I created in Field Maps. 

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

I'm guessing its to do with the form elements not being in the table but I can't seem to find a way to drag them in there. It seems without the fields being in the Table section, the data doesn't appear when you click on each individual point or come up when you create a dashboard. 

Please help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The items page with the Data tab is just a quick admin view allowing you to add fields, etc.  It is not meant for interacting with data.

You can make a map easily from the overview tab here

DougBrowning_0-1696514841083.png

Or you could use any of the other Esri tools.  ArcPro, Ops Dashboard, Web app builder, Experience Builder, etc to build a user interface to interact with the data.  They even have ArcGIS for Excel now where you can link Excel to the the hosted data and view and even edit all in Excel live time.

Sounds you are pretty new to Esri.  You may want to read up on pages like https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-online/capabilities/data or https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/get-started/get-started-with-data.htm 

Hope that make sense and helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you click the hamburger menu there at the top right then you can show or hide the columns you want.

Do they show there?

DougBrowning_0-1696277263645.png

You can also open the layer in a web map and view the table or in ArcPro.

0 Kudos
OGS_Trails
New Contributor II

I've tried showing the columns using the hamburger menu. You can add all the fields as required. Though when you click the fields tab, then click back to the table tab they are then gone. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not surprised really this is just meant to be a quick view of the data to adjust settings and such.  Make a web map quick and then you can set that up and save it.  Hope that help

0 Kudos
OGS_Trails
New Contributor II

Sorry Doug, I don't quite follow. Can you expand on "Make a web map quick and then you can set that up and save it" ?

Really appreciate the help. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The items page with the Data tab is just a quick admin view allowing you to add fields, etc.  It is not meant for interacting with data.

You can make a map easily from the overview tab here

DougBrowning_0-1696514841083.png

Or you could use any of the other Esri tools.  ArcPro, Ops Dashboard, Web app builder, Experience Builder, etc to build a user interface to interact with the data.  They even have ArcGIS for Excel now where you can link Excel to the the hosted data and view and even edit all in Excel live time.

Sounds you are pretty new to Esri.  You may want to read up on pages like https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-online/capabilities/data or https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/get-started/get-started-with-data.htm 

Hope that make sense and helps

0 Kudos
OGS_Trails
New Contributor II

Thanks Doug. You're correct in that I am new to ArcGIS. I created a new map and brought the shapefile over and it seemed to have fixed it and brought all the fields into the table which can now be analyzed through dashboards etc. Thanks for your help.