Form Builder - Basic elements are not available

Jump to solution
03-17-2022 01:39 PM
Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

Hi Field Maps Community,

I'm creating feature templates in the Form Builder area. It's worked in other maps, but in one in particular, I am getting this message. I haven't tried creating a feature template in this layer before. I noticed I don't have the No Value option ticked in this data. Maybe this has something to do with it?

This is the message I'm getting.

Marokapara_0-1647549508026.png

When I go into the Templates Tab only the display name shows. None of the fields do.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
AshtonW
New Contributor II

@CraigGillgrass thank you for the prompt response and I apologize for the later reply. I have to post on my personal account and keep it separate from my work account for organization reasons. It was a totally empty feature layer so I deleted and republished and everything worked fine at that point.

0 Kudos
R1_BITNFUSFS
New Contributor

I'm having the same issues on a hosted view. I own both the original layer and the hosted view so its not an ownership issue. Let me know if you figure it out...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@R1_BITNFUSFS  You cannot add fields to view layers. Fields must be added to the parent/original layer. In some cases, when a view layer exists, the parent layer cannot alter its schema. The default settings when creating a view layer in ArcGIS Online do allow the parent layers schema to be altered though.

0 Kudos
Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

@AshtonW Was this solved? I am still have not found a solution for my project. I went back to square one and republished and am seeing the same issue.

0 Kudos
AshtonW
New Contributor II

@Marokapara I apologize for the late reply on this. I ended up having to delete the layer and republish. After this the function seemed to work. Not sure what may have caused this, the republished layer was identical and both layers had no data in them.

On a side note, loving those field calculations in the new Field Maps. Complete game changer.

0 Kudos
Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

Hi @AshtonW , I tried republishing and deleting too, but that didn't fix the problem like I thought it would. I eventually opened the layer in map viewer classic by itself and set the feature template there (in case anyone else ever comes across this issue and doesn't know what to do.)

0 Kudos