Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps: Unable to save your form changes. Check the layer settings and confirm that you have the privileges required to make changes.

11-20-2023 06:14 AM
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hello, when I turn-on an existing field to an existing Field Maps form for editing via the Field Maps Designer, I get this message: "Unable to save your form changes. Check the layer settings and confirm that you have the privileges required to make changes."

I use ArcGIS Online. I own the layers, the web map, and the Field Maps form, and I had updated the Field Maps form before without issues. I found this bug which indicates that the issue has been resolved, but I still am experiencing it. I appreciate any thought re this issue!

https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/field-maps-designer-returns-a-generic-error-message-una-bug-00015...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
SpanawayAdministrator
New Contributor II

Same thing is happening to me. None of the solutions I'm seeing in related threads apply. Hope this gets resolved.

0 Kudos
CaitlinPW
New Contributor

I am also experiencing this issue 😞 

0 Kudos
L77
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same issue. I created the data in arc pro, shared it online as a weblayer, turned on all of the editing settings. Put it in map viewer classic and opened it in field maps and now it says I'm not authorized to update the data.

I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting and after wasting 2 hours trying to get it to work, I will wait until January. Hopefully the bugs will be resolved next year.

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

@ColinLawrence Hi Colin, sorry to loop you on here as I have seen your name in the other threads raising the same issue as some of us are seeing. Do you have suggestions/inputs regarding the issue described here? I have seen other posts, and I have done the following:

• Ensured that there are no SQL keywords as field names
  • Removed the non-editable fields from my view layer (area, length)
  • Published a new layer and created a new map
  • Ensured that no error was showing in the "Field type" in the Form Designer
  • Removed layers that I didn't own from the web map

Thank you! I really appreciate any input.

-Rodell

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

I am currently testing other scenarios. 

I think the issue is when I am creating a form (in the Field Maps designer) for a layer that is a view layer of a point FS. I am currently testing:
  • Created a brand new map with no layers. I added a view layer (points), and I got the error in Field Maps. I then added the master/original layer of that same point layer (and the error did not appear in Field Maps) and the form saved.
  • I then added a view segment layer (with add, delete, update privileges set in the settings), and the form saved.
  • I then added a view point layer (same as the one above with add, delete, update privileges set in the settings), and the error appeared again and the form did not save.
    • When I remove the view point layer, I am able to submit changes to the form even for changes of the pop up of a segment view layer.
So, I wonder if point layers that are views cause the issue? Also, just a side note it appears that the pop-up that I have set disappears every time I add a new layer.
0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RodellZorilla , I tried with a view layer created from a points layer and I cannot reproduce the error in Designer. Are there any specific filters/configurations you are setting when creating the view layer that could be unique here? I just set up a simple filter definition on one of the fields for mine. You can try opening devtools in your browser (F12) and see if that shows any additional error info in the console. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ColinLawrence , I appreciate your response.  I attempted to make a change to a polygon layer that is not a view, and I got the error. I looked at the browser devtools (attached screenshot shows warnings).

p.s. the polygon layer has no filter.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

If its only happening for certain layers I would guess there is something in the schema or data causing the error but cant be certain without looking at it directly. I would suggest reaching out to Tech Support on this one if you can. 

By the way, is there anything else in the collapsible details sections of the console error you attached?

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Colin, it seems to be happening to any layer now. I attached a screenshot of the error, does it show what you are looking for?

0 Kudos