Field Maps Dark Mode + iOS address highlighting

Jump to solution
03-10-2021 11:41 AM
BrendonJoyce1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to create custom pop ups in ArcPro before publishing layers for use in Field Maps. Everything is working well except for dark mode on iOS. I am using html from normal light mode ArcPro attribute pop ups. The inverse works well for dark mode except for fields where street or address locations are present. iOS or FM app wants to make this some hyperlink that is searchable in a mapping app, but it will black out the location making it sometimes invisible. This auto-linking doesn't mean much to us since Field Maps has  a feature to compass/navigate to the feature! Any suggestions? Do I need to change the whole color scheme/field colors where addresses could be had?

File_000 (1).jpegFile_000.jpeg

Here is an example of the two table colors: 

</tr>
<tr valign='top' style='background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);'>
<td style='padding: 2px;padding-bottom: 5px;border: 1px solid rgb(203, 203, 203);padding-right: 5px;color:rgb(74, 74, 74);'>TOWN</td>
<td style='padding: 2px;padding-bottom: 5px;border: 1px solid rgb(203, 203, 203);color:rgb(0, 0, 0);'>{TOWN}</td>
</tr>
<tr valign='top' style='background-color: rgb(224, 224, 224);'>
<td style='padding: 2px;padding-bottom: 5px;border: 1px solid rgb(203, 203, 203);padding-right: 5px;color:rgb(74, 74, 74);'>LOCATION</td>
<td style='padding: 2px;padding-bottom: 5px;border: 1px solid rgb(203, 203, 203);color:rgb(0, 0, 0);'>{LOCATION}</td>
</tr>

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrendonJoyce1 there are a couple of things in play here. 

First, iOS is detecting this as an address automatically.  Would you prefer these not be hyperlinked at all? 

Second, the color inversion of custom HTML in Field Maps on iOS is not behaving correctly in dark mode; this has been addressed in our development builds and will be available in our upcoming release late this month.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrendonJoyce1 there are a couple of things in play here. 

First, iOS is detecting this as an address automatically.  Would you prefer these not be hyperlinked at all? 

Second, the color inversion of custom HTML in Field Maps on iOS is not behaving correctly in dark mode; this has been addressed in our development builds and will be available in our upcoming release late this month.

BrendonJoyce1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @DougMorgenthaler, thanks for the response.

The automatic address thing isn't very useful since its in a mapping app with two options to find where that is (compass/navigate). Not a huge deal with they stay in there.

Also good to hear that this might get fixed in the next release! I think that would probably make this solved for now.

0 Kudos