Field Maps Conditional Visibility Between Multiple Forms?

07-21-2021 08:32 AM
ChristopherBowering
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone know if it is possible to set conditional visibility between forms rather than contained within a single form?

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not supported today.

Do you want to use FeatureSets as part of the expression to query another layer? Can you provide an example of what you'd like to do?

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowering

Hi Aaron.  What I'm trying to do is pretty simple sounding, at least in my head.  In field maps, I created a form for a polygon dataset and one for a related table (inventory and inspection datasets).  The same way that conditional visibility works between fields within the same form is what I'm trying to do for fields between forms.  For example, if a field is attributed as 'No' in the polygon dataset form, I'd like certain fields in the table form to not be visible.  Does that make sense?  It's something I used to be able to do in the old ArcPad using basic VB script.  I don't know if that's what FeatureSets are, I'm not too familiar with that term.  Thanks!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup, that makes sense. We've definitely heard this requirement before.

Currently the conditional visibility expressions can only use information available on the current feature. FeatureSets are a function in Arcade that allow you to query other layers and tables so that you can use those other features as part of your expression. Currently FeatureSets are not supported in the context of the form. It is something we plan to support. The reason it's been deferred is that FeatureSets require asynchronous execution which complicates the form editing user experience.

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowering

Are you thinking relatively far down the line for functionality like this?  I know Field Maps itself is pretty new in general.  Do you know if there are any plans to include field requirement functionality within Collector?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It likely will be at least December (possibly even further into 2022) before this is implemented.

In Field Maps, you can already require fields when you build the form. There are no plans to update Collector as it is being deprecated at the end of 2021.

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowering

I didn't know that about Collector.  I know that required fields are available in Field Maps; currently both apps are being used my my organization - thru Portal and/or AGO - for licensing reasons.  Does deprecation mean no longer functional or merely no longer supported?  As in, will I still be able to use it after the end of 2021?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here's the deprecation notice that has some details. The apps will remain in the App Stores but will not be receiving any updates. There will not be any support from Esri Customer Service either.

0 Kudos