Select to view content in your preferred language

ESRI Field Maps Designer Issues after June 24 Update

06-27-2024 09:03 PM
AaronH
by
New Contributor

After the most recent update I was met with the "The layer contains one of more field names with SQL keywords and cannot be taken offline" and "Features with true curves cannot currently be edited in Field Maps" messages in ESRI Field Maps Designer.

I have toggled off the True Curves editing option in each of the data object properties and still return the same message. These have empty tables so unsure where it is generating that message from.

I have re-uploaded new shapefiles with updated field names (to not match SQL Keywords) and still it returns the message. With the shapefile being published I noticed that additional fields are created which match the SQL Keywords list (Creator, Editor, Global ID, Creation Date and Edit Date). These are unable to be deleted so assume they persist. The error message is generic in nature and does not say what field name is the problem.

This is disappointing as over the last couple of months have managed to establish a working product for our mobile devices, now it is unable to be updated. The same published layers/shapefiles were working fine before the update occurred.

Is this likely a bug where Field Maps Designer is viewing those newly created fields and identifying a conflict where it was previously allowed?

Also with regards to True Curves, is there a solution to this error as it currently affects line and polygon geometries?

10 Replies
BruceVanderhorst
Emerging Contributor

I do not have this option to toggle on True Curves in AGOL, is this in ArcPro?

0 Kudos