Device ID in Field Maps

07-13-2023 05:53 AM
mathisAM
Emerging Contributor

I have looked everywhere and I have not been able to find anything about this, so any help would be appreciated! We need to be able to track personnel in the field during emergency events, but we do not know how many people we could be tracking at any given time. We may only need to track 1 person, or we may need to track 40+ people. We have created generic AGOL accounts for our emergency response to log into, but it still would not give us enough information to tell us who is being tracked. There could be several different people being tracked using the same account login. The device id is great for tracking individuals, but there is no name tied to the device id.

We currently have a work around using Quick Capture, but there are issues with duplicate names and repeatedly putting their name into the Field Maps form during high stress situations. If there is a way to calculate the device id in Field Maps, we would not need to use two different apps and there would be no issue of duplicate names.

Is there a way to calculate the device id in a Field Maps form, or a better work around that removes the need to continuously put a name in?

Allie Mathis, GIS Analyst
Jackson County, NC GIS Department
alliemathis@jacksonnc.org
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JustinReynolds
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Just back from the ESRI UC 23... System, Device, & Location variables in smart forms is listed in "Mid-term" enhancements... I'm guessing those are 12-18 months out.

You can add your support to this idea to perhaps help them prioritize it.
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-ideas/add-devicecontext-to-the-form-calculation-and/...

- Justin Reynolds, PE