Select to view content in your preferred language

Data being deleted when using smart forms

Friday
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

I created a smart form to update household information.  I use conditional visibility for most of the changes because the form is rather long.  The problem I'm having is that if the only changes I need to make are updating a phone number, I only have the phone number field show.  But by doing that it deletes the other information in the attribute table, such as the ID number, first and last names.  Is this normal behavior for smart forms?  Is there a way around this?  I don't want to have to show all of the fields I don't want data deleted from.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MitchellGrafstein
Occasional Contributor

On each form in Field Maps (Designer), you should see "Form Settings" now on the bottom right.  (If you are using an older version of ArcGIS Enterprise, it is possible this might not show up.)  Within those settings, you will be able to check off "Preserve values when fields are hidden with conditional visibility rules" in order to do just that.

MitchellGrafstein_0-1721410143465.png

Mitchell Grafstein, Horticultural Inspector 1, NYS Dept. of Agriculture and Markets
0 Kudos
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

Yup, it was there.  Thank you, I can't believe I missed that!

0 Kudos
MitchellGrafstein
Occasional Contributor

It is a bit hidden off to the side and bottom.

You're welcome, glad you were able to find it and resolve the issue.

Mitchell Grafstein, Horticultural Inspector 1, NYS Dept. of Agriculture and Markets
0 Kudos