CreatedBy, EditedBy, DateCreated, DateEdited

08-12-2021 04:03 AM
littlebluepenguinnz
New Contributor II

Hi EB community,

Sometimes when I create smart forms the edit/create attributes appear in the attributes list and sometimes they don't. 

Is anyone able to advise if there's something I need to turn on/off so that the edit/create fields are always options to bring into the smart form?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If those fields are used for editor tracking, they are not allowed to be in the form since the values are automatically populated. It's possible editor tracking was on at some point, then was turned off. At this point the fields still exist but may not be used for editor tracking. This could explain why sometimes they can be added to the form, but other times they cannot.

AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

Refer to Editor Tracking detailed documentation.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
littlebluepenguinnz
New Contributor II

Thank you both for your reply. Is it going to be possible to have these attributes available in smart forms in a future release? 

I think it would make sense to because I'll need to create two extra fields that hold the same information as the CreatedBy and DateCreated as Inspectedby and DateInspected. I'm sure other people sit in the same boat too.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why do you want them in the form? They generally are not editable fields anyway. If they were in the form they'd just be read-only since the server computes the values automatically.

0 Kudos
littlebluepenguinnz
New Contributor II

It's so the app user can physically see at the time of data entry that the app is recording the date and creator name. Yes it would be read only.

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@littlebluepenguinnz Best practice recommendation is to not duplicate data, not create redundant fields. Perhaps you can change the field alias to match the desired names of Inspectedby and DateInspected.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos