Select to view content in your preferred language

Create a dropdown menu of codes which will autopopulate the name from a related list in the next field.

Jump to solution
07-29-2024 06:35 AM
SarahJorgensen
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

New to ArcGIS here, so please bear with me. 😉

I have several lists of coded features (e.g. habitat codes and bird species codes; please see screenshot below) which I want to apply to drop down menus in Field Maps Designer to collect data in Field Maps. I would like to create a dropdown menu for each of the 2 code types  which will autopopulate the name in the next field in Field Maps. 

Is there a simple way to do this in Field Maps Designer?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0202.png

0 Kudos
14 Replies
SarahJorgensen
Occasional Contributor

Hi again @RhettZufelt,

Thank you so much for the solution to the query in Field Maps a couple of months ago. I have been using it a lot and it works really well.

I have now started using Survey123 to collect non-mapped data and I need to do the same thing i.e. get the code in one field and the full name in the next. I wonder if you would have a solution for that too?

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

0 Kudos
JamieCooper
New Contributor

@RhettZufelt Are you doing this in Field Maps Designer?

@SarahJorgensen Thanks for asking the initial question - I've been needing help on this for awhile.

RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Yes, or map viewer.  See my post here from earlier today (I show both).

R_

0 Kudos
JamieCooper
New Contributor

Thanks for all your help!

I was able to replicate what you did by creating the Combo Box list using the code values as the list Labels and the full name values as the list Codes.

SarahJorgensen
Occasional Contributor

@JamieCooper Thanks for this tip too. It worked perfectly for me.