Connection between ArcGIS Pro and Field Maps

12-29-2022 02:24 PM
AmyGrossman
New Contributor III

Hello, this is my first time using Field Maps as a creator and I am wondering if there's a way to create a connection between a feature layer in ArcGIS Pro and a feature layer in Field Maps so that if I update information on a point in ArcGIS Pro, it will automatically update in Field Maps, or get a manual push to update? I read somewhere this might be done through relating tables, but I'm not positive and I honestly don't know how that works. 

What I'm trying to do is maintain a database of points in ArcGIS Pro and then have people use Field Maps to view the database as a map. But I'm constantly updating the database with new information and I want the people using Field Maps to have up to date information without me creating a new map every day. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Amy. How are you showing your points in Field Maps? Do you have a webmap with a published feature service of the points in ArcGISOnline? 

0 Kudos
AmyGrossman
New Contributor III

Hi Rodell, right now my points are just in a feature layer. I tried to work with them in AGO but I couldn't symbolize them using multiple fields or edit the data easily so I went back to ArcGIS Pro. I'm not opposed to AGO (if that's where the solution is) but I honestly haven't learned it as well as I have ArcGIS Pro (and ArcMap before that). 

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Amy, with your need, I would  just publish the gdb as a feature service in AGOL then open it in ArcPro. When you add and edit you published feature service in ArcPro, the edits will be reflected in FieldMaps (and in AGOL). I actually perform a lot of editing (for vector fields) in AGOL like field calculations and even geometry editing via webapps/maps so I rarely use ArcPro.

I am not sure if your symbology in ArcPro will reflect in FieldMaps, but I know that your symbology of the layer in AGOL will reflect in FieldMaps. Let me know what type of symbology you need.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

What is the Field Maps connecting to?  Normally, one uses a hosted feature layer in the map for Field Maps (not sure if you are on Enterprise or something).

But, I use Field Maps all the time with a hosted feature layer on AGOL.

For editing, I just load the hosted feature layer into Pro through the Catalog/Portal connection.  Then I am editing the same dataset that Field Maps uses (with Pro), and updates/changes are real time.

RhettZufelt_0-1672357245092.png

R_

0 Kudos