Select to view content in your preferred language

Collected features disappearing when submitting on Field Maps

08-21-2022 02:57 PM
ArnoldTrippel
New Contributor II

When collecting data within Field Maps on offline areas downloaded from a shared AGOL Web Map,  my coworkers and I have seen new features that we've created disappear when pressing submit feature. This disappearing act does not happen consistently. We are all using the same type of tablet to collect data and the software version of Field maps is the same amongst all of them and have been updated to the newest version. The Web map has edits enabled and offline is enabled.

Specific Details of the Issue:

After pressing the checkmark to submit the collected feature it disappears from the map, however we are able to find the feature again when looking at the recent offline edits. When syncing, the features are lost entirely as they do not show up in the Web Map and are lost from the offline edits. 

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so is it something within the settings that could fix this?

I would be happy to provide more details if needed, however there is a confidential nature to the layer we are using since it stores information about rare and sensitive plant species.

Tags (2)
11 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Katie,

Can you confirm that the maparea for the webmap still exists online, and that it is the same maparea that the surveyors are using to work offline?

Mark

0 Kudos
Katie_Macintyre_Atmos
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

Yes the maparea hasn't changed, multiple surveyors are using it and others sync the data with no problem. The same surveyor who had the data disappear then used the same maparea on the same device the day after and had it sync fine. The data loss seems sporadic so it's hard to know of we can rely on the maps.

Katie

0 Kudos