Code: 3079 Domain already exists

02-24-2021 08:49 AM
MindyBurkett
New Contributor II

When I add a new value to a domain for a hosted feature layer then Field Maps errors with the error Domain already exists and the code 3079. Collector does not get this error.

The layer was originally uploaded from an Enterprise Geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro. I am able to modify existing domains using ArcGIS Online. I am not able to add new domains in ArcGIS Online because the button to do so does not appear. I cannot modify the domains of the Hosted feature service in ArcGIS Pro because it gives the warning "The domains for this workspace are read-only".

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MindyBurkett ,

Would you be able to share your map with us? You can share the maps and data to a group and invite the user "arcgisfieldmaps" and we can take a look.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
MindyBurkett1
New Contributor II

Thank you! I have reproduced the issue in an example map, "DomainChangeIssueMap". I added NewValue to the domain for the "Size" field. It produces an error in Field Maps but it works in Collector. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Mindy

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Mindy it looks like we got the invite. I will take a look.

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MindyBurkett ,

I can reproduce the error you are seeing. You mentioned you added a new value to a domain - which field and value was this? We have seen issues with this specific error in the past on Collector, but your data does not fit the typical scenario from what I see (there are usually multiple layers in the dataset). 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
MindyBurkett
New Contributor II

Hi @ColinLawrence,

I added "NewValue" to the "Size" field which is a string 50 data type. The domain was called "Wire_Conductor_Size" in the source enterprise geodatabase.

I have previously reproduced using an integer typed field.

I tried to "Export to FGDB" and then import the result but the resulting feature service still errors in Field Maps after I modify the existing domains.

Thanks,

Mindy

0 Kudos
AriLukas
Occasional Contributor

I have experienced this issue as well. Have you made any progress in fixing this?

I have been testing Field Maps using  Enterprise 10.6.1  on an ipad for some of our Utilities ; Natural Gas to be specific. When I bring up the Gas map one of our line features (Service Lines) fails to load. When I go to share the error it comes up as Error 3079: Domain already exists.

What is interesting when I reload the map it doesn't always occur on the same layer, occasionally this error appears for Distribution Lines; service and distribution lines each have a field called "material" that use same domain as materials used are same for both.

NOTE: We are using the exact same map in Collector for ArcGIS with no issues so I am not sure what is causing this error to occur.

Our layers are being referenced via a federated server.

0 Kudos
MindyBurkett
New Contributor II

Hi @AriLukas,

I'm sorry to hear that you also have this problem. I am working with some electric and gas utilities in Field Maps. 🙂 The only way I can fix the problem is to:

1. Make sure the domain is the same as when I originally published the feature service.

2. Load the data locally and then Overwrite the Web Layer from ArcGIS Pro.

It is interesting to me that your issue does not always appear on the same layer. This makes me think that you might have a slightly different problem. My issue appears even when there is only one layer on the map. I have read about that some other issues that will cause the same error:

1. If you use the same domain on different layers and the domains do not match each other. I would make sure they all match.

2. If you have a view layer on top of your feature service and you changed the domain. I would try deleting the view layer and recreating it after changing a domain or just make sure that the view has the same domain options.

Good luck. Please let me know if you make any progress.

Mindy

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MindyBurkett ,

Sorry this one slipped through the cracks a bit. Have you reached out to Support regarding this? It sounds like you have a pretty good idea about how its reproduced. It would be good to have this noted alongside the other cases that can generate this error (that you mention in your previous post) and hopefully the team can address it. You should definitely be able to modify your domains in Online without having any trickle down effects.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
MindyBurkett
New Contributor II

Hi @ColinLawrence ,

I will go ahead and contact Support. Thanks for your help.

Thanks!

Mindy