Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't add content to Field Maps app

10-29-2021 07:25 AM
Claudio_Verina
New Contributor II

I have a point layer with 232 records. It's a feature class I created from a csv of XY coordinates in ArcGIS Pro and then shared as a web layer.

I want to add this layer to a Field Maps app for use in the field, but when I click on it in the Content pane in Field Maps and click "Done," the Done button displays a spinning icon and nothing happens. I've left it running for 30 minutes or more and nothing happens, the layer simply won't be added to my app. I also tried creating a test layer with only 1 point and I get the same problem.

I've tried deleting the layer and re-uploading it, but I get the same result. No error messages pop up to explain what's happening. Can anyone explain what's going on?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@Claudio_Verina are you able to add this layer to a web map using either Map Viewer or Map Viewer Classic?

Craig

0 Kudos
Claudio_Verina
New Contributor II

Yes, I just confirmed that I can add it to Map Viewer, no problem.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@Claudio_Verina 

is this with Online?  

Are you able to invite the "craig_sp" user to participate in the Group the layer is in so I can try it out and see what the issue is? 

thanks,

0 Kudos
Claudio_Verina
New Contributor II

I invited you to the group.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Claudio_Verina I'm able to add the layer to Field Maps without an issue.

Are you able to capture the HAR file for what happens when you try and add the layer using Chrome?  Are you familiar with how to do this?

Craig

0 Kudos
Claudio_Verina
New Contributor II

I am not familiar with this, can you explain?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Claudio_Verina here are the steps:

1. Sign into Field Maps and navigate to the point in your workflow right before you try to add the new layer
  2. Open the dev tools from the menu in Chrome (Menu > Tools > Developer tools)
  3. Click on the Network tab
  4. Look for a round button at the top left of the Network tab. Make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
  5. Check the box next to Preserve log.
  6. Now you're ready to try and add the layer
  7. Once you're done the workflow and have reproduced the issue, in the developer tools save the capture by right-clicking on the grid and choosing "Save as HAR with Content”
0 Kudos