Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I assign fixed Z value using Arcade expression? not from points being created.

01-15-2024 05:16 PM
KerryKang
Frequent Contributor

Hello all, 

Is it possible to calculate Z values using expression?

I am looking into building an evacuation solution that stores address information and the property location. Given that there are many high-rise buildings in big cities, displaying property points in the urban areas can be tricky - there will be hundreds points overlapping in a single property parcel and not able to distinguish the address information properly.

My idea is that if we can calculate z values based on the floor number that field workers enter, I can build a 3D scene to display the evacuation information. For example, 1st floor's z value sitting on 0 m (let's say there is base elevation information somewhere. the z value here only represent relative height from DEM). If users enter floor 2, z value will be calculated  2.5 m (about 8' ceiling).

I know that it's possible in Survey123 to calculate Z value but have not looked into it yet in Field Maps. I hope to get some insights before I jump into a test.

I appreciate for any your advice and feedback on dealing with calculated z values. Thank you!

1 Reply
VanessaSimps
Frequent Contributor

following as I would like to do something similar using attribute rules in ArcPro when a user changes an asset type from active to proposed. when it changes to proposed, z value = -100.

I know how to do this using the GP tool, but would like to figure out how to automate it using the attribute rules. 

0 Kudos