Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Field Maps Connection Tricks with Trimble Catalyst DA2 using Trimble Mobile Manager Addressing Disconnection Issues

07-08-2024 05:56 PM
rsun_TQB
Frequent Contributor

Dear all,

I don't want anyone to struggle for hours like I did, so I'd like to share some tips with you. If you're using Trimble Catalyst with your ArcGIS Field Maps and are repeatedly trying to "Select a device to connect" and "loose connection to DA2" after the initial setup for your DA2 with ArcGIS Field Maps, here's what you need to know:

Key Points:

1. Initial Setup:

• Once you've initially configured ArcGIS Field Maps with Trimble Mobile Manager and DA2 devices, you should not need to select a device to connect again.
  2. Automatic Connection:

• After the initial configuration, simply turning on ArcGIS Field Maps will automatically use DA2 as its provider, as it was previously configured. (amazing and confusing to me and maybe to you as well)
  3. High-Accuracy GPS Collection:

• For high-accuracy (1cm on demand or other plans) GPS collection:
      • Open Trimble Mobile Manager.
      • Navigate to Licenses.
      • Start the "1 hour On Demand" high-accuracy GPS survey.
      • You will still see no devices under the "Home" tab (TMM) which is fine

Troubleshooting Tips:

1. Avoid Re-selecting Device:
    • If your device isn't showing under the Home tab of Trimble Mobile Manager, do not try to select a device to connect again. This action will disconnect ArcGIS Field Maps from DA2.
    • You do not need the DA2 to be shown as connected on the home screen of Trimble Mobile Manager (unlike the older versions of the app).

Why This Matters:

The design is user-friendly because it allows you to focus solely on using ArcGIS Field Maps. As long as your DA2 is powered on, it will automatically be used as your provider for your survey location.

By following these tips, you can ensure a stable and high-accuracy GPS connection with your Trimble Catalyst DA2 while using ArcGIS Field Maps.

I have been troubleshooting this for hours trying to clear Android app data and caches, and try to get TMM Home page to have DA2 shown connected and using ArcGIS Field Maps at the same time with 0 lucks. However, I am glad that I finally figured out in the end...and hope some of you are benefited by this post! 

Tags (1)
0 Replies