Add related record button does not bring over the Key

04-18-2022 07:27 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe this button here is for adding related records to the parent.  From this page (screen shots seem maybe out of date https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/ios/help/quick-reference.htm  Is there a better help page that talks about these buttons more?  My idea would be a long press in the app could tell the user what the button is.

DougBrowning_1-1650291880149.png

DougBrowning_0-1650291752208.png

But the key is not added when using the + button like it is when going into related then using the Add button.

Users are getting confused they cannot use this + button on the parent or the big blue one on the map.

thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

Hi Doug,

Not sure if this answers your question, but for our related tables the user has to create a parent feature, then click on the parent feature and scroll down to the related table under the heading "Related". They then click on that table and then the "Add" button appears. Depending on your setup, you may need to turn on or off your "Show Related Types" toggle in "Collection settings". We leave it turned off so the user can only create a related record using a parent feature. 

Travis

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes that is one way to add them.  What I am asking is why the other ways to add skip adding the key in.  If you switch the show related options then again you can add them but they do not get the key.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

That is the copy feature/attribute button.

This is the add related records button that automatically copies over the Key ID's:

RhettZufelt_0-1650302549062.png

R_

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes I get how it works now, what I am asking is why doesn't the button I circled in red work?  I am in a Parent so it should just connect the keys and go.  thanks

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

It does work.  As you said, you are in the parent, so that button copies the data/info from the currently selected feature. Good way to add new parent if attributes are same/similar.

If you add a related record, the Key(s) get copied over to new related record.  If there are related records already for that feature, you will be able to select one of them and the copy button shows there as well to copy the related records shape/attributes/all depending on your settings.

R_

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The button circled in red is not the copy button that is the one to the left.

Sorry maybe I am not being clear.  

Blue is to access the related tables or FCs. If you follow that and then Add button it does carry over the key.

Black is the copy Feature button to get another parent.

I would think Red would be a collect related but no it is just a collect button.  So it will either not show the children you can add and it will not carry over the key (depending on the related filter).  Just seems odd to have a Collect button on the parent that does not create children.  I get that the big blue button in the bottom right might not work (even though I wish it did) I do not see why this button right on the parent would not work.

DougBrowning_0-1650307209644.png

thanks

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

OIC.

I think you were clear, I just didn't read it correctly.

My mistake,  I don't show that plus button as I have an edit pencil that shows instead, and the "collect here" (Red) button is under the three dots. 

R_