Select to view content in your preferred language

Tracklog back in Field Maps

04-21-2023 01:01 AM
Labels (2)
BuwaAdmin
Emerging Contributor

In Collector there was the Tracklog -> ArcGIS Online via Nieuw Item > Objectlaag > Gebruik een template > Location tracking

The big advantage of the Tracklog over the new organisational tracking is that you could store the tracks of the field workers for a single project. After the fieldwork was done (could take several months), you could simply send the Tracklog layer created with Location Tracking  to the client as prove of area coverage.

Now with the tracking option this is far more complicated. All fieldworker logs from all projects are stored in the same layer. After 30 days the data is automatically deleted. So you have to make intermediate backups and combine those in the end.

Bring the old Location Tracking back as described over here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector-classic/android/create-maps/track-where-collectors-went.htm!

2 Comments
pjdohertygis
We use QuickCapture with a polyline feature for this purpose. We still use the last known location feature of location sharing, but use a normal feature layer for the tracklog.

Also I believe in Field Maps there is a “streaming” option which might work in a similar way.
BuwaAdmin
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, i know of this existens, but I red that you should use the layer in single user modus only. Multi-user layer is recipe for disaster.
And what about running an extra app?