Select to view content in your preferred language

Support for R12i Tilt Compensation

04-20-2023 09:59 AM
AndrewSanchez
New Contributor II

Current Workflow

Field survey Team conducts Control surveys and As Built Surveys using Trimble Geo Units with Zephyr Antennas. Data is collected in Terrasync and post processed using Pathfinder Office. Pathfinder Office and Terrasync allow for creating an Offset using distance/Azimuth/Bearing when a pipeline feature cannot be occupied due to fence, shoring braces, or brush.

Concerns to Address

In the switch to newer workflow, Field Maps with R2 and R12i Receivers doesn’t have the option to create an offset. The R12i receiver has internal tilt compensation functionality, which eliminates the need to create an offset due to fence, shoring braces, or brush. However, Field Maps does not support the tilt compensation of the R12i.

Workflow Improvements & Problems Solved

If Field Maps supported the tilt compensation of the R12i receiver we would not need to look into Trimble data collection apps. Trimble apps are currently not supported by our Cybersecurity and have run into issues getting approved. Field Maps and other ESRI products make it easier to manage our data. The support of the tilt compensation will streamline the process of field data collection for As Built surveys and features in unreachable locations without the need for creating an offset.

3 Comments
RossVolkwein1

I'm running into this issue as well. Companies phasing R12i into their fleet means Field Maps is becoming increasingly difficult to recommend.

PaulineCORBINEAU
We have the same need with our R12i. 
But we can't even activate the IMU tilt on the Trimble Mobile manager application

RossVolkwein1

Is the R12i still not supported?